cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CdotSlogan
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Computer sits overnight w/ screen saver, come back to it and system is slooooow....

HP Recommended
800EU/AM169UC#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

it only starts working like its suppose to after I shut down, wait and boot back up. After that its going great but it seems like I cant let it sit.

I tried a reboot timer program but that didnt work cause my system would hang on and either not reboot or just stick on the splash screen till I came to the system in the morning and did a manual power up/down.

Thanks for your time.

E8500 @ 3.16Ghz

8.00 GB RAM

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,464
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Personally, I would set it for No screensaver and set the timeout on screen to turn off after x minutes.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Gymnophoria
Level 1
16 10 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why do you leave your computer switched on overnight? Sounds like a terrible waste of electricity.

0 Kudos
CdotSlogan
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thought I had it with the screen sleep but...When I come back to it from sitting overnight after it working perfectly The symtoms are, programs ie Chrome wont load but if it does its slow and if I hit the bookmark bar nothing will populate...click "my documents" on the desktop but its slow to open and when it does the icon pics take a sec to catch up same with "my computer."

When I do go to shutdown for reboot I have to right click start>shutdown or sign out>shut down a couple times for it to goes and than it could be anywhere between 15 secs - 4/5 minutes before it shutsdown...but like I said after the reboot its all great until the next sit and reboot. Thanks.

0 Kudos
CdotSlogan
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have movies from the computer I stream to media players throughout the house....can I still stream in sleep mode Mr./Mrs. not-brining-any-progress-to-the-thread? You only had a comment so you must be a Mrs. or more than likely Miss.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation