Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
27-P075na touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 27-P075na touch screen PC and the general contrast of the screen is too high making some things like like boxes around text or the cell lines in Excel difficult or even impoosible to see. I can find the brightness control with no problem but can't find the contrast control. If I go into settings the contrast there is set at "High Contrast" and the other options are not suitable. I just want to tone the screen down some. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/instantanswers/ece8e1d7-1a7c-473c-a0f4-3c9d66fee295/turn-high-co...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The answer I was given regarding the contrast on my PC is not what I was looking for, I know that I can choose other high contrast from within the control panel but I was wondering how I could have less than high contrast. In the control panel you either have none, High # 1, High # 2 and so on.

My monitor is just too pale for want of a better word. I know how to adjust the brightness so I'm not looking for that.

I just want to tone down the general contrast not go to another high one. Old fashioned monitors used top have little wheels or sliders  underneath the screen for brightness and contrast and so on, that's what I'm trying to adjust.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I would love to know too.  I cannot see the highlighted cells in Google Sheets.

HP Recommended

Hi Dale, I think I figured out a solution for my computer.  I right-clicked on the desktop and on the pop-up menu I chose Intel Graphics Settings.  I had a spreadsheet open, with some cells selected.  When I turned the brightness down a little (in the Intel Graphics Settings), I was able to see the selected cells highlighting better.  I hope this helps you!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help regarding my contrast. Never thought to check the Intel settings but it worked fine. The screen is a lot clearer now. Cheers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.