Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion all in one 24-b010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just bought this computer and ever since set up it constantly crashes and reboots. It will say something along the lines of "there was a problem and the computer must restart" with various different error codes. This is extremely frustrating. I don't want to have to return it if there is a simple fix. Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Does it go into Windows, does the operating system start or does it crash before Windows starts?

Do you have a Windows disk or pen drive?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended
Sometimes it makes it to Windows. But shortly after, when I'm trying to do anything, it shows that blue screen again and starts the never ending crashing and restarting. The first time it did it was when I was completing the initial set up, entering my country, time zone etc.
HP Recommended

Hello

Brand new computer with this error has a bad problem.

Think about this.

You have a hardware problem. The HP operating system image is tested and stable.

This should not happen when doing OOBE.

Send back and get a replacement soon.

Grzy

HP Recommended
Yes, this is what I was afraid of. Ugh, packaging this thing back up and shipping it back is not going to be fun. Hopefully the next one works!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would also try to replace it, even though I have seen this happen with fresh installs and new computers as soon as they are connected to the internet and windows starts to update the device drivers. Usually the graphic drivers, most blue screens are an issue with drivers. You could try to go into safe system startup and open the minidump files to try to find out what is actually causing the crash.

David

HP Recommended

Hello

You can look at dumps and Event Viewer.

Don't take too long or you will not be able to send this PC back and get a replacement. Some motherboards have flaws. May be you want to look at a different HP model. Have seen this happen. Be careful what you do to aviod a lemon.

I have been there before. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.