cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jrcordero
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Desktop can't find my wireless connection

HP Recommended
HP touchsmart 320 PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hi my product number is QP788AA#ABA model 320-1030, my wifi suddenly stopped working and when I trouble shoot it, it says connect Ethernet cable. I have never used the Ethernet cable, only wifi. It will not find the wifi and it will not let me manually add a wireless connection. I tried to make it find a device, it does not work. That option is not even on there. I have XFINITY wifi if that help. I have tried everything. I already tried the device mananger and reinstalled the network adapter, I Factory restored my computer. Nothing works. Please help.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,613 3,967
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jrcordero

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the desktop can't find the wireless connection,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

you've mentioned that you've done a factory reset, could you tell me how you did it? was it using the recovery manager or a retail copy of windows?

While you respond to that, I recommend you follow the steps mentioned on this link:

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation