Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ab103TX
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Dear expert team,

I just install win 7 (32 bit) into my new Pavilion 14-ab103TX. After finish at the device manager shown the error as follows,

1. Network Controller ; Location PCI slot 5 (PCI bus 3, device 0, function 0)

2. PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller ; Locastion PCI bus 0, device 4, function 0

3. PCI Device ; Location PCI Slot 4 (PCI bus 2, device 0, function 0)

4. PCI Simple Communications Controller ; Location PCI bus 0, device 22, function0

5. Unknown device ; Location on PCI bus

6. Unknown device ; Location on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

7. Unknown device ; Location on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

8. Unknown device ; Location on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

all of them   Device type     :  Other device

Manufacturer  : Unknonw

Error                  :  The device for this device are not installed (Code 28)

Could you please advice me how to find all device driver to update?

Looking forward to hear from you soon

Thank you & Regards,

Komsak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the wireless card driver directly from Intel:   2nd driver on the left side of the page.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25684/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-8-1-

Try this chipset driver...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71864.exe

And this imei driver...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72884.exe

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if these drivers work..

Network controller:  First driver on the list on the left hand side of the page.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25510/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

That model wlan card will also need this bluetooth driver...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25318/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technol...

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller:

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71185.exe

PCI Simple Communications Controller:

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72884.exe

PCI Device:  First driver on the list at the link below.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

One of the unknown devices probably needs this driver...

This package provides HP 3D DriveGuard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

File name: sp71811.exe

For the other devices needing drivers, I will need you to post the hardware ID for each device so I can figure out what driver it needs.

Go to the device manager and click on the Unknown Device needing the driver.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Unknown Device window.

Now you should see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to device description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul_Tikkanen

Thank you for you the first answer on Jan 16 and sorry to keep you waiting for the next action

Here these two unknown device Hardware ID's

1. ACPI/MSFT0101

2. ACPI/INT0E0C

from your first answer there was one PCI Device not update left.  I also give you it's

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_522A&SUBSYS_80A3103C&REV_01

By the way there is one abnormal about cursor position.  It always not in the position while typing it skip to somewhere in page.

Thanks & Regards,

Komsak

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The first device is a security device for which there are no W7 drivers as the device only works with W8 and newer.

I have zipped up and attached the W8 driver and you can try to manually install it as follows...download and unzip the file to its folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the ACPI/MSFT0101 needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs.  Then reboot the PC if it does.

If it doesn't not having that driver installed will have no adverse affect on the notebook running W7.

ACPI/INT0E0C:  There is only a W10 driver for that device.  You can try it is all I can say.

The package provides the driver that enable The Intel Software Guard Extensions Device (SGX) in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. Intel SGX are the Intel Architecture extensions that provide increased security of software by sealing legitimate software inside an enclave and protecting it from attack by malware.

File name: sp72871.exe

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_522A:  Download and install the 1st driver on the list from the link below...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

HP Recommended

Dear Paul_Tikkanen

Good evening

Thank you very for your kindness support, but unfortunately your last reply cannot install.

Do you recommend that I really need to upgrade to W10

Thanks & Regards,

Komsak

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I recommend you run W10 64 bit on that model because the hardware is too new for W7, and all the W10 drivers you need are on the support page for your model.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul_Tikkanen

Thank you for your recommendation and all you have done for me.

Regards

Komsak.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Paul

HP Recommended

Dear Paul_Tikkanen

Just let you know that I just finished upgrade to W10 (32 bit), everything going fine.  But only one issue to the memory.  System said only 1.77Gb usable from 4.00 Gb.  Is this normal?  Do I need to addition more memory?

Thanks & Regards,

Komsak

HP Recommended

Hi:

That is a bit below normal but there is nothing you can do about it.  Usually the range is between 2.5 GB and 3.5 GGB usable on a 32 bit operating system with 4 GB of memory.

You can bet that most of the memory went to supporting the graphics.

32 bit operating systems can only address up to 4 GB of memory.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.