Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8100 elite
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What's the difference between CMT and SFF 8100 elite?Also,since i heard the sff has 35 watt on the pci-e,how many watts has cmt?

Specs:

I5-750

ATI Radeon 2400 pro(Will upgrade with gtx 750 ti,thats why i asked for PCI-E)

4GB ddr3 1333mhz ram

320watt PSU

I heard the sff model has a 240w psu,so i think the cmt must be 320w.

This is my first post here,so im sorry for any mistakes.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The SFF's PCIe x16 slot is rated at 35 watts.

The CMT's is rated at 75 watts.

You are correct.   The SFF's have 240W power supplies and the CMT's have 320W power supplies.

See the quickspecs below, page 17 for the slot wattages.

http://www.nts.nl/site/html/modules/PDF/PC/HP%208100%20CMT.pdf

HP Recommended

Hello Sir:

Thaks for your help it is greatly appreciated.

Just one more thing:

It seems i have the CMT Version,which you said has 320 watt PSU and 75 watt PCI-E.Are you sure this is right cause i opened the case yesterday and the power supply was 320,thats right,but i couldnt find info about pci e 16 i looked everywhere..

Can i run a GTX 750Ti in this thing?Maybe a low profile one?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

On the HP quickspecs link I posted, it says right on page 17...

Convertible Mini Tower.

(2) full height PCIe x16 graphics slots

75W max. power - primary slot

35W max. power - secondary slot

I don't know if you can run a card as new as a 750Ti  in the 8100 Elite.

I have a Radeon HD 6570 in my 8000 Elite CMT, and it works fine.

I have a GeForce 730 in my 8200 Elite CMT, and that works fine too.

The 8200 Elite has a UEFI BIOS, the 8100 Elite does not.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.