Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

we received our first charges of Z440 workstations last week. We immediately downloaded the HP Z440 driverpack from http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_Driverpack_Matrix_x64.html and imported those into our System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2. Of course we did use the Win 8.1 drivers to inject into our boot image and wie normally imported the Windows 7 drivers for the Windows 7 deployment.

Well, unfortunately SCCM WinPE5 does not show any drives installed, even with the correct drivers installed. We even tried to import  the WinPE 5 driver pack and the drivers from SoftPaq download manager, but none of those seemed to work. Is there any known issues with Z440s drivers and SCCM?

Please help me out on this, it's pretty urgent.

Thank you & kind regards

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

We were able to create a workaround with setting all RAID settings (including those of the eSATA ports) to AHCI. So now we see the drive. Still, with RAID mode we don't get any drives even with the correct drivers imported.

HP Recommended

Have the same problem.

We just got a Z440 - and I have made a backup of all drivers from Win7 HP installed.

I try press F12 - and load our image from SCCM2012 R2 server.

it gets the boot image - then it reboot, i see its the network driver that is missing.

Then i load the network driver to the boot image.

But still without luck.

If i go back to the pre-installed windows7 on the pc, uninstall the driver, and install the one i have backedup.

it works fine.

But in our x64 boot image - it will not work.

Any idea?

HP Recommended

Hi I have same issue. 

The strange thing is the HP Z640 requires no additional winpe 5 storage drivers only NIC drivers and is working on RAID perfectly.

The HP Z440 is as you say even with correct drivers not working on RAID.

I am using LANDesk but use a customised WinPE 5 image - with LANDesk at this stage the server is not even contacted its a simple fact of booting to WinPE 5 and obtaining an IP and seeing the disk. 

As with others we can use AHCI no problem.  Keen to see if there is an answer on this.

HP Recommended

Still not solved.

After it has loaded the boot image - I press F8 for debug command prompt.

Here i can go to diskpart and see the disk without problem

but ipconfig - dosnt give me a ip.

So it must be the network driver.

I have added all network drivers of that model serie Zx40 - and still not solved.

I have also tried to update BIOS to version 1.21 - no luck

Hope somebody find the solution and share it.

HP Recommended

Any one else on the trail of eRST driver add does not include iaStorB.sys (sSATA) which Z640 actually uses? Have tried following the "It's the network driver" issue and no luck. Task Sequence halts after "Preparing Network Connections..." F8 reveals no IP and 😧 device not ready. iaStorB.sys missing may be a red herring and I'll keep cracking at "it's the network driver not being correct" angle. Thanks for your thoughts on this, people. 🙂

HP Recommended

Ran into a similiar issue.  I found that the driver located \storage\intel\P00G7FB2\src\RSTe_f6_iaStorA_win8_64  inside of the driver pack works.  It's listed as Intel(R) C600+/C220+ series chipset sSATA RAID Controller with inf file named: iaStorB.inf.  

Used that one and both drives appear for use to install to.  

Btw, the driver pack I used was the one listed here:  http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6978829&swItemId=vc_138782_1&swEnvOid=415...

Hope that helps. 

HP Recommended

Fwiw, I had to AHCI our Z640 in order to see the storage once the deploy image task sequence initialized. Once I solve the "But I *am* using the correct NIC driver in my boot image." problem I'll be set.

HP Recommended

Following up. I resolved the NIC driver issue after following Adam Flowler's blog post http://www.adamfowlerit.com/2013/10/08/troubleshooting-nic-drivers-in-winpe-for-sccm-2012/

Model: Z640

Intended OS: Win 7 Pro x64

Functioning INF: e1d64x64.inf    9/29/2014 11:07AM

From: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18713

Download notes: PROWinx64.exe, Version 19.5, Size 33.08 MB, Date 10/28/2014

HP Recommended

I finally got this working on the Z440 witih SCCM 2012 SP1 CU2 (WinPE 4.0 32-bit). I found that there are two different driver sets. One for AHCI and another for RAID.

I downloaded this file:
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6978829&swItemId=wk_145771_1&swEnvOid=405...

And extracted the following files from ..\sp70856\RSTe_4.1.0.1046_f6_Drivers\32bit_RSTe_4.1.0.1046_F6_Drivers\SATA\RSTe_f6_iaStorA_win8_32

iaahcib.cat
iaAHCIB.inf
iastorb.cat
iaStorB.inf
iaStorB.sys

Importing just those drivers into my boot image allowed me to see the SSD attached to the RAID controller on the Z440.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.