cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
samrat_rao Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dual boot with Windows 10 and Centos 7

Pavilion 510-P052il
Linux

Hello,

Last week i purchased a Pavilion 510-P052il desktop. I would like to dual boot both Windows 10 and CentOS 7. However i am unable to install CentOS 7.

I installed Windows 10 first after disabling secure boot option in the UEFI. However UEFI was enabled. Once i boot from the bootable USB containing CentOS 7, i am unable to proceed with the installation. If i disable UEFI, then i cannot boot  into Windows 10 and CentOS 7 USB either.

Please suggest a solution.

Thanks,

Samrat.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
16344 16287 1514 3612
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@samrat_rao

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

You need to have BOTH OSs installed using the same mode.  Since you used UEFI for Windows, you must also use UEFI for CentOS.

You need to check with the support forum for CentOS to find out how to make CentOS installation media that will install in UEFI mode.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
samrat_rao Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks WaWood,

I had a friend who installed Windows 10 and CentOS 7 in UEFI mode itself. He was a fairly experienced guy and, well, did stuff that i dodn't really understand. Looks like i need to know more about UEFI systems.

Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation