Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 705 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP EliteDesk 705 G3 SFF which it is required to run Windows 7 32-Bit.

There are no downloadable Windows 7 32-bit drivers available from HP.

I have put a Windows 7 32-Bit driver pack together.

All devices have drive drivers, in Device Manager, apart from the TPM module.

TPM v2.0 is not supported  in Windows 7 32-Bit.

Options I have are:

1. Disable TPM in BIOS. This may not be acceptable to client (still trying to verify).

2. Downgrade TPM to ver 1.2 and install Windows 7 32-Bit driver.

My questions relate to option 2 and are:

1. Does Windows 7 32-Bit support TPM v1.2 and, if so, are drivers available and where?

2. Can the TPM module be downgraded to v1.2 in the EliteDesk 705 G3 SFF?

I am aware TPM v2.0 is supported in Windows 7 64-Bit in UEFI mode but this is not an option.

Any help appreciated.

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

> I have an HP EliteDesk 705 G3 SFF which it is required to run Windows 7 32-Bit.

I'm curious -- why this requirement, when the computer was originally shipped with 64-bit Windows 7 ?

Your hardware is "beefy" enough to run 64-bit Windows, and any 32-bit application will run under 64-bit Windows.

> There are no downloadable Windows 7 32-bit drivers available from HP.

This is correct.   All the downloads I found on HP's site are device-drivers for Windows 7 64-bit after installing a "generic" Windows 7 operating system, and 64-bit device-drivers for Windows 10.

The page: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-705-g3-small-form-factor-pc/10669599

offers

Software-Restore CD (1)

Cloud Recovery Client

Type: Software-Restore CD
Version: 1.0.7 Rev.1
Operating systems: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Release date: Mar 13, 2017
File name:  sp78889.exe (3.2 MB)
Description: This package provides the Cloud Recovery Client for supported models running a supported operating system. This Client Utility enables users to download the Recovery Kit from the cloud.

i.e. a downloadable copy of the HP-modified version of Windows 10 (presumably 64-bit).

Also offered:

Type: Software-Restore CD
Version:  1.0.7 Rev.1
Operating systems: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Release date: Mar 13, 2017
File name:  sp78889.exe (3.2 MB)

for HP-modified version of Windows 7 (presumably 64-bit).

HP Recommended

If anyone could answer the questions I asked, it would be appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.