cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mike8_HP-User
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Elitedesk 705 G3 SFF TPM

HP Recommended
Elitedesk 705 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP EliteDesk 705 G3 SFF which it is required to run Windows 7 32-Bit.

There are no downloadable Windows 7 32-bit drivers available from HP.

I have put a Windows 7 32-Bit driver pack together.

All devices have drive drivers, in Device Manager, apart from the TPM module.

TPM v2.0 is not supported  in Windows 7 32-Bit.

Options I have are:

1. Disable TPM in BIOS. This may not be acceptable to client (still trying to verify).

2. Downgrade TPM to ver 1.2 and install Windows 7 32-Bit driver.

My questions relate to option 2 and are:

1. Does Windows 7 32-Bit support TPM v1.2 and, if so, are drivers available and where?

2. Can the TPM module be downgraded to v1.2 in the EliteDesk 705 G3 SFF?

I am aware TPM v2.0 is supported in Windows 7 64-Bit in UEFI mode but this is not an option.

Any help appreciated.

Mike

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I have an HP EliteDesk 705 G3 SFF which it is required to run Windows 7 32-Bit.

I'm curious -- why this requirement, when the computer was originally shipped with 64-bit Windows 7 ?

Your hardware is "beefy" enough to run 64-bit Windows, and any 32-bit application will run under 64-bit Windows.

> There are no downloadable Windows 7 32-bit drivers available from HP.

This is correct.   All the downloads I found on HP's site are device-drivers for Windows 7 64-bit after installing a "generic" Windows 7 operating system, and 64-bit device-drivers for Windows 10.

The page: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-705-g3-small-form-factor-pc/10669599

offers

Software-Restore CD (1)

Cloud Recovery Client

Type: Software-Restore CD
Version: 1.0.7 Rev.1
Operating systems: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Release date: Mar 13, 2017
File name:  sp78889.exe (3.2 MB)
Description: This package provides the Cloud Recovery Client for supported models running a supported operating system. This Client Utility enables users to download the Recovery Kit from the cloud.

i.e. a downloadable copy of the HP-modified version of Windows 10 (presumably 64-bit).

Also offered:

Type: Software-Restore CD
Version:  1.0.7 Rev.1
Operating systems: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Release date: Mar 13, 2017
File name:  sp78889.exe (3.2 MB)

for HP-modified version of Windows 7 (presumably 64-bit).

0 Kudos
Mike8_HP-User
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If anyone could answer the questions I asked, it would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation