Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 285 G2
Linux

Hello guys 🙂
I have problem with my new workstation HP 285 G2 ...

it is with CPU AMD A8 PRO-7600B with Radeon™ R7 Graphics (supports VT) , but I cant enable VT from BIOS ...
It is not in System Security .... there are only two options there :

1. Data Execution Prevention;

2. TPM Features;

The BIOS Version is E11 vA0.11

I've Googled that problem but without result ...

I've Googled for new BIOS version, but the latest on the net is A0.07 ...

So how can I use my workstation for real work with virtual machines ?

Regards

Iliya

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

That is a very good question. The AMD A8 PRO-7600B  APU does have virtualization technology as a feature.

According to the Maintenance & Service Guide on page 56, that feature can be enabled in the System Security tab. The manual does say that the options are hardware dependent. I am not certain which hardware options make the features available.

Maintenance & Service Guide

https://cdn.cnetcontent.com/af/fb/affbb112-b54d-42df-acc9-b7073c138863.pdf

In the manual

System Security(these options are hardware dependent)
NOTE: Available options are displayed depending on system configuration.
Virtualization Technology (VTx/VTd) (enable/disable) - Controls the virtualization features of the
processor. Changing this setting requires turning the computer
off
and then back on. Default is disabled.
Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX) (Software controlled/enable/disable)
TPM Features – Lets you
configure
the following TPM settings:
TPM Device
Lets you set the Trusted Platform Module as available or hidden.
TPM State
Select to enable the TPM.
Clear TPM
Select to reset the TPM to an unowned state. After the TPM is cleared, it is also turned
off.
To temporarily
suspend TPM operations, turn the TPM
off
instead of clearing it.
CAUTION:
Clearing the TPM resets it to factory defaults and turns it
off.
You will lose all created keys and
data protected by those keys.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yeh I saw that info but I think that this is not serious to have Business Workstation that can't use VT ...

And the other thig is how that PC is with BIOS version A0.11(28.08.2016), but HP.com latest BIOS version for it is A0.07 (24.03.2016) or A0.05 (25.03.2016) ... I did't get it ...

Here are some images :

IMG_1478-min-min.JPG

IMG_1474-min-min.JPG

IMG_1477-min.JPG

HP Recommended

Those first two images should probably be taken down since they show your serial number.

I agree with you. I will ask my internal contacts about this.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you in advance

HP Recommended

@IliyaHristov wrote:

Thank you in advance

I posted the question in a private thread only accessible to HP Experts and HP employees. I hope to have an answer for you soon.

HP Recommended

Hi!

Did you find a solution to the problem?

I have the same problem and I tried to downgrade the BIOS version to the A0.05 given from HP, but there isn't the field Virtualization Technology as well.

I don't know what else to do.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I know this is a slightly old thread but wondering if anyone got any answers as just purchased 2 of these both to use virtualization and its not an option 😞

HP Recommended

Is there a solution already?

HP Recommended

Didn't find a fix in the end I used VMware Player as it doesn't require the virtualization option.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.