Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought Envy 23" yesterday. Tried to check "Beats Audio" sound from internal speakers and didn't hear anything. Monitor is connected via HDMI with supplied cable. Completely reinstalled nVidia drivers - same result. Tried to connect with analog cable to my sound card - and again no result. "Speaker Self-Test" from menu doesn't produce any sound either. Is my monitor broken? Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again weird773,

You are correct your monitor does not have internal speakers. In some countries it comes with external speakers and in the countries that it does not you are required to purchase a separate set of speakers. I optained this information from page 4 of the QuickSpecs which is linked directly from HP ENVY 23 23-inch Diagonal IPS LED Backlit Monitor (E1K96AA) - Product documentation.

This means you will need to connect separate speakers or a headset to your monitor.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting again on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello weird773,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are not getting any sound from your monitor and require assistance. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer as there are a variety of HP Envy 23 computers. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hello, Dunidar.

Thank you for the answer.

HP Envy 23 23-inch IPS Monitor

Product number: E1K96AA

Option: ABB

I hear sound only  when I connect a sound source to line-in jack and only from headphone jack. No sound with HDMI connection (from headphones and from speakers). I use Windows 8.1 and nVidia 780 GTX as HDMI sound source.

I suspect that this model doesn't have any internal speakers at all, and "Beats Audio" indicates just line-in and headphone-out 3.5 mm jacks along with some sound enhancements.

HP Recommended

Hello again weird773,

You are correct your monitor does not have internal speakers. In some countries it comes with external speakers and in the countries that it does not you are required to purchase a separate set of speakers. I optained this information from page 4 of the QuickSpecs which is linked directly from HP ENVY 23 23-inch Diagonal IPS LED Backlit Monitor (E1K96AA) - Product documentation.

This means you will need to connect separate speakers or a headset to your monitor.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting again on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Dunidar,

thank you very much. I was misguided by a review I had read before. And you helped me to resolve my doubts.

HP Recommended

Hello again weird773,

I am glad I was able to answer your questions.

Thanks and enjoy your weekend

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I gotta say, you are a kind person. I just opened up my new Envy 23 monitor and am PISSED that it doesn't have speakers. I'm connecting it to a laptop, which means that the extra money I paid to get "Premium Beats Audio" is totally wasted. HP should be ASHAMED of itself for misleading advertising.

HP Recommended

I can not believe that HP just lie to peoples! It's necessary to designate that this model does not have internal speakers!! DO not to advertise BEATS audio when it do not exist! I am very disappointed and very angry!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.