Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello

Sounds good.

Let me know how it goes.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Due to the nature of this problem, It will be a while until I know how it went. That said, I intend to report back with any updates whenever the problem either returns  or shows no sign of coming back after a long enough period of time.

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Hello

You are welcome.

Grzy

HP Recommended

I just had another system crash. This time, I was using the computer, and the screen went completely black for a few seconds (without the power light on the case going completely out), then the computer booted back up.

This time, I had the maximum processor usage set to 99% in Windows Power Options, causing my CPU to only use up to 3.0 Ghz at maximum, which was preventing an overheating problem I was having before (when my processor goes into AMD's Turbo mode, my CPU can get over 70 degrees Celcius). By setting the Windows Power Options setting to 99%, I preventing my CPU from going into Turbo mode, and it stayed in the 40s and lower 50s Celcius thereafter, including the time of this latest crash. For this reason, I don't think that CPU overheating is a possible cause this time around (although it may have been in the first two crashes).

Here's the BlueScreenView info:

==================================================
Dump File : 032017-29921-01.dmp
Crash Time : 3/20/2017 12:22:49 AM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : ffffe784`f93968f8
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+6b3827
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 10.0.14393.953 (rs1_release_inmarket.170303-1614)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+6b3827
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\032017-29921-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 14393
Dump File Size : 262,144
Dump File Time : 3/20/2017 12:23:06 AM
==================================================

And here's a ZIP file containing the DMP file and other files with more information about the crash:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g29wcidm6wuta8/DESKTOP-AVBIS4C-Mon_03_20_2017__05048_43.zip?dl=0

HP Recommended

UPDATE: I've uninstalled Bitdefender to see if that might help.

I've also ordered some thermal paste to replace the current paste on the CPU, although, as I said, I doubt that overheating could have caused the most recent crash.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.