cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Steimey
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Error 511 and 512 after installing fan controller

HP Recommended
HP 8300 Elite CMT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've just installed an NZXT Sentry 3 fan controller in my HP 8300 Elite.  Now when I boot I get the 511 and 512 fan errors.  The fans are connected to the aftermarket controller and working fine.  But I don't like pressing F1 to get the system to boot.  How can I stop the BIOS from looking for those fans?

Paranoia, it's what happens when you have all the facts.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Lakki
Level 3
Level 3
28 26 3 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You can disable the Post Messages in the BIOS mode,

Login to Bios by Pressing F10 while powering ON >> in Advance disable the Post messages:

You can try to update the Latest bios also and check.

Latest BIOS update:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5232672&swItemId=vc_113732_1&swEnvOid=405...

I hope this will help you

Thank you for Chooosing HP 🙂

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation