Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Search (almost) the whole internet but coulden't find the right ethernet controller drive

I've reinstalled my system and find out that the ethernet controller wasn't installed imediatly so.. got a little problem.

Hardward Ids : 

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_2AB1103C&REV_05

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_2AB1103C

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

Computer : HP Pavilion Slimline

Windows 7 Ultimate

Help please ;)!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

This should be the link to the driver page you need:

Download and install the 6th one on the list (auto install).

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTy...

Paul

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
HP Recommended

Hi:

This should be the link to the driver page you need:

Download and install the 6th one on the list (auto install).

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTy...

Paul

HP Recommended

Thank you so much :)! it worked 😄

HP Recommended

You're very welcome! :generic:

HP Recommended

I seem to have the same problem I cant print anything and my pc shows that I need Ethernet controller driver how do I get the driver that I need??

HP Recommended

Hi, ronel:

You will have to post the hardware ID's for the device, like the OP did above.

If you have XP, you go to the device manager and click on the device with the yellow ? mark that needs drivers.

Click on the Details tab.  Post the string of characters you see there.

If you have Vista or W7, you go to the same place, click on device with the little yellow ! mark.

Click on the Details tab, but now you see a Properties drop down list. Drop down on the list and select the second item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see in the window.

Those will ID the model of the network card you have and I can try and find the drivers you need.

Also post the full model number of the PC and what operating system you need the drivers for.

Paul

HP Recommended

got it fixed thanks :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem. I recently installed replaced Vista with windows XP on a compaq presario sr5030nx. After the install i notice that the:

Ethernet control: PCI\VEN_10EC&8136&SUBSYS_2A5103C,

PCI device: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV27D8&SUBSYS_2A571036, and

PCI simple communication control: PCI\VEN14F1&DEV_2F20&SUBSYS_200C14F1

all had yellow question marks(drivers missing). I have looked far and wide, downloading several drivers along the way, but i have not been able to locate the right ones. Can anybody help me out? Thanks.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

thank you very much, i'll check them out.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.