Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am no HP techie, but i can tell you, my screen works flawlessly now when i replaced the bad capacitors.

It's not hard really, get equivalent or better caps and replace. Voila, u have a workin screen!

Bad caps is a common problem on many LCD's nowadays. I have recieved alot of LCD's from friends and their Flat TV's and replaced the bad caps.

It's easy to find the problem too, take apart the casing, on tips for taking it apart. check youtube, got lot's of guides and howtos.

Take apart the powercard, the screens PSU. check the bad caps wich is easely detected that the top is bulgy or even blown.

The top contains often a corshair looking pattern, they are there to release the pressure if the caps is either overloaded or getting degraded. Note, the top doesnt have to bee blown or for it to be defect.

You need a solder iron, solder remover of your choice and sodder.

Even this momentum is on youtube!

Now take it apart and fix it. if you do not have any warranty left that is!

HP Recommended

I wish it was faulting capacitors. but they have all tested good. I am looking for some kind of diagnostic code that would tell me that when the monitor flashes amber it means a fault in the section..

HP Recommended

They can still give the same result in their stats or atleast near. depends on how they are malfunctioning.

These are near bad -> http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/TVTech1/2010-06-22_104637_Caps_Bulged.jpg

I did myself try them and out 3 caps 1 was showing same stats as if it was new. but it did not store any electricity.

I have checked the codes myself too once, they exist but it took alot of google-foo to find them.

So, i just tought, wth, some cap's doesnt cost that much so why not. if it doesnt work, it doesnt.

Now im waiting for my 4't lcd to get fixed for the price of capacitors only.

Tip, check. http://fileshare.eshop.bg/ dont know if there are any. notice tho that the lcd itsef is LG on this screen. Graphics controler board is from HP and the powersupply comes from another place.

Btw, on most screens i have repaired, the smallest and the biggest always survive.

The cap's around 470uF25v and 1000uF10v and some 2000uFv10 are those who get bad.

HP Recommended

can you tell me was your monitor blinking the amber light. and then you said you replaced the capacitors and that fixed it?

HP Recommended

When i first got it, it had a bright constant blue that later went over to amber flashing. after alot of trial and error it later just flashed amber light.

I checked for schematics and thelike, came to same conclusion as you. Then i laid the project on the shelf.

I then got a Samsung LCD wich the whole screen flickered, then after 2 weeks it died, read on forums and checked youtube. The capacitors was clearly defunct on this one.

Later i just opened up my old HP one and checked cap's, they looked ok, gave decent values.

I tought what the hell, it's the backlightning that doesnt work and it's the cap's on the LCD's PSU that's the culprit.

I tought a few bucks for a trial and error can be worth it, especially if it works.

Orderd the cap's, desolder old ones. solderd on the new ones.

Now it's sitting next to me. working flawlessly.

HP Recommended

I replaced the Caps on the Power supply board and tested. I still get the amber fast blinking. I am going to do some more digging and see if there is some kind of protection circuit maybe a surge or something of the sorts hit this. I have a service manual on this model but it does not give clear diagnostics. and the Schematics don't give voltage points.

HP Recommended

the on/off power button is stuck in sleep..take front bezel off to fix button

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.