Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion m8300f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Fan speed varies cyclically from low speed to high speed.  Low speed duration is about 20 sec, followed by High speed duration of about 5 sec. 

I have tried cleaning the CPU and resitting the Fan with new thermal grease.

I have also tried clearing the CMOS with BAT1 jumper reset.

None of these helped.  Any other suggestion to solve the problem would be greatly appreciared. 

Many thanls.

Sunil

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @suniljha, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand the fan speed on your PC varies.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Go to your system tools and look at the resource monitor and check the activity on CPU usage and also memory usage. You will see a list of processes and how many resources they are using.

Turn off the power and remove the computer side panel to locate the noisy fan.
Turn off the computer.
Remove any objects near the computer. In addition, make sure there are no children or pets near the area.
To open the computer case, loosen or remove the screws at the back of the side panel. Then slide the panel to the back and away from the computer.
   NOTE:
For help opening the computer case, search the HP Web site for detailed instructions. In the Search (or Questions or Keywords) field at the top of this page, type the computer model number and the words "opening the case." For example, if you own an HP Pavilion Slimline s3307c Desktop PC, type the following: s3307c opening the case.
   WARNING:
Do not put any part of your body inside the computer. Touching components inside the computer, even when the computer is off, can damage sensitive electronic circuits and expose you to risk of injury from electrical shock.
With the side panel removed, turn on the computer and listen for fan noise inside the computer.
Find the noisy fan and remember its location.
   NOTE:
If the fan noise goes away when the side cover is removed, the problem might be caused by excessive heat inside the computer case. See Reducing Heat Inside the PC for more information.
Turn off the computer.
Replace the side panel.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly.

Also, try running system diagnostics on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC is working fine.

Refer this article to know how to run system diagnostics.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.