Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-g020na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP All-in-One and the CPU fan is running at high speed at all times, even when the CPU load is low. It's pretty loud and annoying.

Looking at the BIOS the fan is reporting speeds of 2400+ at all times. This seems high for a PC just viewing the BIOS.

Is this just how these PCs operate or is there a problem with mine?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @GrahamNash

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the fan is making a loud noise and running at high speed.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

I would like to inform you that there is an option in the bios “Fan always on” if that option is turned on then the fan will be running all the time when the computer is powered on.

I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article to fix this issue.

http://hp.care/2pyXfYY

NOTE: Steps are same for windows 10.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I can't see any option for "Fan always on" in the BIOS. The BIOS is AMI 2.17.1249.

Looking at the article you linked:

1. Power saver plan enabled, no change in fan speed.

2. Cleaning vents. Vents are clear, this is a new computer.

3. Graphics driver. This computer has no graphics fan.

4. Update BIOS. This is the latest BIOS available for this computer.

Any further advice gratefully received.

HP Recommended

@GrahamNash,

I would contact HP direct.. You might have a faulty Bluetooth/Wireless card.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/Fans-intermittently-run-full-speed-prob...

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.