Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy h81515-eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, cant figure this one out. (how to reset bios) The instructions dont refer to the actual layout of th mobo.

Hp Instructions:

"This motherboard has a jumper to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS."

"HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, IPMMB-FM (Formosa)"

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03132942

Motherboard layout:

http://support.hp.com/doc-images/996/c03246645.jpg

mobo cmos jumpers.JPG

the default factory settings in my Envy h81515-eo:

6-5 jumper

4-x x=no pin

2-1

0-0 additional pair of pins

Proper instructions for this setup?

Anybody?

Hi and thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The CMOS + PW header is labeled and functions correctly for its intended purpose. The CMOS clear jumper resides on pins 2/4 or 4/6 and the PW (password) clear jumper resides on pins 1/3 or 3/5 of the same header.

If you are refering to the "ROM Recovery" header... there is no information available from HP concerning the correct use/function of this header.  Please read some of these other posts concerning research and use of this header.

Posts I have a presence in;

Need help with SPI ROM recovery header

How to use the rom recovery on s3230uk?

P7-1174 Does not post after 7.16A bios update

bios u/d ofipisb-cu (hp8-1010) killed machine.

bios recovery

Posts others have a presence in;

HP ENVY h8-1430 bios recovery

Pavilion P7-1174 BIOS bricked

AAHD3-HB Motherboar​d

Possible solution using a working Linux machine w/ USB and an Arduino Uno;

AAHD3-HB (Hibiscus) 655590-001 Motherboard BIOS Recovery / De-Bricking

While this post is specifically for the AAHD3-HB(Hibicus) motherboard, the instructions still apply to your situation and motherboard. You just need to obtain the correct BIOS for your motherboard and use that instead. BIOS 8.21 rev. A for HP ENVY h8-1515eo Desktop PC >>> HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2AD5) There are also two older versions available... 8.20 rev. A and 8.19 rev. A

In theory, the BlackCat JTAG/SPI program should connect and work in much the same manner.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Thank you for the info. I let you know if I make any progress.

cheers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.