Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion a6803w
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi there I am having some issues regarding my fathers pc.   It recently stopped working on him I have no idea why neither does he.  He said he was watching a Youtube video over night and slept only to wake up in the morning finding his pc would not turn on when he would check his mail. 

Basically when you boot it up the screen is all fuzzy and disoriented it looks like the Matrix digital rain background, its not that fuzzy you can read out a little bit of what you see, I could see the HP boot start up then it would proceed to a command prompt where windows is starting.   Then thats pretty much it would just stop at that.   The screen is stil fuzzy with a mixed of red, green and yellow colors

At first I thought it was the monitor and cable, so I got a brand new monitor I had back in the closet it even came with its VGA/power cord.   I tested it it out and windows still starts up disoriented and fuzzy.  

I tried booting up Linux I installed on my flash drive I wasn't able to do so because I couldn't make out what was appearing in my screen.

===========

Here are my specs

Here is my GFX card information (Its integrated)

• Manufacturer: Pegatron

• Form factor: microATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)

• Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

• Memory sockets: 2 x DDR2

• Front side bus speeds: 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)

• Processor socket: AM2+

• Expansion Slots:

• 1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card

• 2 PCI Express x1 slots

• 1 PCI slot

Computer specs

My Computer Specs

To give you a visualization of what I am dealing with.  This user has the exact same issue as me

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@glyco

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion a6803w Desktop PC and the display out is fuzzy with a mixed of red, green and yellow colors. You have even replaced the monitor and the VGA cable and issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the PC after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Press and hold the power button of the PC until it powers off.
  • Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) from the PC.
  • Press and hold the PC power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power cable, keyboard, mouse and the monitor.
  • Power it on.

If the display continues to be fuzzy then please power it off. Restart the PC and tap the F10 key repeatedly to enter the BIOS. If the PC does not boot to BIOS then you may have to try one more time. Also, if the display is bad in BIOS then it is purely a hardware failure and you will have to contact HP phone support to explore the hardware service options. 

Feel free to let me know the outcome. All the best! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.