cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TheRiceQueen
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

GHz: How am I able to increase from a 1.80 GHz to at least a 2.00 without buying a new computer?

HP Recommended
HP ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

GHz am I able to increase from a 1.80 GHz to at least a c200 without buying a new computer?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,743 6,727 634 1,516
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello TheRiceQueen

I can only generalize because I don't know what HP PC you have.

You cannot change the speed of your processor. It is fixed.

Why do you want a faster processor?

Grzy

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Product: HP ALL IN ONE

Can you give more-specific model-number information?

> am I able to increase from a 1.80 GHz to at least a c200 without buying a new computer?

It depends.  Some motherboards accept more than just one specific CPU.

Will you notice an increase from 1.8 to 2.0 Ghz?  That is just 11% faster, at the maximum.

When you use Windows "Task Manager", does it show that your CPU is always "100% busy" ?

If it does not, then installing a faster CPU will not help.

Are you trying to run computer games?

0 Kudos
TheRiceQueen
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's for a work from home job and a requirement is at least 2.00, is that really that much of a difference for running programs?
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> It's for a work from home job and a requirement is at least 2.00, is that really that much of a difference for running programs? 

What is the model-number of your computer?

Is the requirement stated as a "single-core-2.0-Ghz-CPU" or "dual-core-2.0-Ghz-CPU" ?

If the requirement states "single-core", and you have a "dual-core", then you have the equivalent of 3.6 Ghz of processing power.

P.S. What sort of work-from-home job?  I have encountered "scammers" (you receive cheques or money orders, send 90% to a third party, and keep 10% for youself -- later, after you deposit those amounts into your bank, the bank comes back to you to report a forged cheque, or a cheque drawn against a closed account; so, the 90% that you sent away is *GONE*).

0 Kudos
TheRiceQueen
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hp all in one. Quad-core 64bit operating system x 74 based processor
0 Kudos
TheRiceQueen
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's a legit company.
0 Kudos
TheRiceQueen
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
**** x64 bit based processor
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Hp all in one. Quad-core 64bit operating system x64 based processor.

What is the exact model-number (sometimes called a "product-number") of your All-In-One?

It should be listed somewhere on the exterior case, probably a label on the back.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation