Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-22-2016 11:34 AM - edited 09-22-2016 11:36 AM
Looking to upgrade the graphics card in my 8200 Elite SFF - what would the best card be thats compatible? And anything else I would need to know about the card or installation? Or any possible modifacations I could make so support a better card? Thanks!
09-22-2016 04:11 PM - edited 09-22-2016 04:12 PM
The optional graphics card for the 8200 Elite SFF was the AMD Radeon HD 6450 as well as a few others.
See page 15 of the quickspecs below.
You can still find them online.
The only thing I can think of to ensure a problem free installation, is to first uninstall the Intel HD graphics adapter and driver in the device manager (check the uninstall driver box), shut down the PC, and install your new video card.
Your PC comes with a 240W power supply that cannot be upgraded.
01-31-2017 05:19 PM
As from today, Jan2017 is that possible to change the power supply for the HP Compaq 8200 Elite Business PC Small Form Factor? I have one and would like to upgrade my graphics card and would like to know if there is lowprofile 300W power supplies that I can aquire. Thanks
06-25-2018 08:50 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP