Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an HP 8330 SFF I7 3770 with 32 gb ram and I would like to buy a new video card performing better than the integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics.

My choices would be the following:

-  Gigabyte GV-N75TOC-1GI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 1GB GDDR5 

OR

-  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 D5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB

Would they fit ? Will I need to upgrade the PSU from the stock one that I guess it is 240 watts ?

If so could you please advice a PSU I can buy to replace the one that came with the PC ?

Thank you very much in advance 🙂

Francesco 

HP Recommended

That GTX 960 Mini sure looks like a full height card....... look up what your computer can accept in terms of height.....

HP Recommended

Ditto on those two Gigabyte cards......

HP Recommended

Hi dude 🙂

Thanks for the answer where can I lookup that ? I mean how can I know which height lenght the HP 8330 SFF can handle in terms of video cards ?

HP Recommended

I have an Elite 8300 SFF, and have never heard of a "8330" but all the SFF workstations I have used only use the half height cards.  It will be in your manual or seen by just opening the case and seeing what height of free room you have above the PCIe x16 card slot.

I'm not using this for gaming, but have been very happy with the nVidia Quadro K600 half height card I have in mine.  This is not exactly gaming hardware with this box, but a nice fast card adds a level of "snap" that is worth having.

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I have bought this after looking around a lot and this card is made specifically for SFF PCs:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6G 

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5986#sp

My only concern is now the PSU ... even though I know it is not so power consuming I am scared the 8300 SFF HP PSU will have problems to handle it.

I am looking for a PSU for the HP 8300 ... any suggestion anybody ?

Thanks !

HP Recommended

SDH wrote:

I have an Elite 8300 SFF, and have never heard of a "8330" but all the SFF workstations I have used only use the half height cards.  It will be in your manual or seen by just opening the case and seeing what height of free room you have above the PCIe x16 card slot.

I'm not using this for gaming, but have been very happy with the nVidia Quadro K600 half height card I have in mine.  This is not exactly gaming hardware with this box, but a nice fast card adds a level of "snap" that is worth having.

Sorry for my typo writing 8330 it is indeed a 8300 ...

HP Recommended

Ok here it is the status of the things. I would love to have come comments from you about it.

- HP 8300 SFF 32 GB RAM i7 3770.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6G video card arriving tomorrow. Sizes are H=37 L=169 W=131 mm. It should fit as it is made for MINI ITX.

- Special cable that allows to replace the crappy HP 240 watts PSU with a custom one ordered and arriving in 5 days.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112204268477. Many people used it successfully and got rid of the HP junk PSU.

- I am still looking for a PSU that I could buy. Any suggestion mates ?

With the special cable I have bought and a new PSU I should be more than fine. This video is made a British guy that bought my very same cable 😄

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VCslFs6lW0

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.