cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
herddav
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Graphics Card upgrade

HP Recommended
HPZ400 Work Station
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am running X-Plane 10 not entirely satisfactorily becasue of the need for higher spec Graphics card and this is even more imprtant as I wnat to upgrade X-plane 10 to X-Plane 11 which recommends GeForce GTX1070. I need to be sure that the present system can handle this though as there may be issues re compatibility with existing computer parts or power requirements. I am not knowledgeable about all these aspects.  Can anyone help please?

The Z400 details are as follows:-

3.07 ghz Intel Xeon W3550 Multicore - 4 in total

16GB ram

Bus Clock 4800 mhz

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 Display Adapter

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,950 42,190 4,642 12,403
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, your workstation does not have a UEFI BIOS.

That is one very specific requirement that the GTX 1070 has.

If you install a GTX1070 in your motherboard your workstation will fail to boot.

Take a look at a  AMD\ATI Radeon equivalent that will run X-Plane 10 & 11 at a high FPS rate.

An SAPPHIRE Tri-X Radeon™R9 390X 8G D5 should fulfill your needs.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=F107EA58-6C33-4F74-A739-03FF852D34A1&lang=eng

It does have support for legacy and UEFI BIOS. It will operate in your workstation. 

It does have a requirement for two PCIe 8-pin power connectors, so you may have to upgrade your PSU. 

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
herddav
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Very much appreciate the advice and solution. Can you please clarify what is needed if PSU upgrade required.

Thanks in anticipation of help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation