Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
herddav Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Card upgrade

HPZ400 Work Station
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am running X-Plane 10 not entirely satisfactorily becasue of the need for higher spec Graphics card and this is even more imprtant as I wnat to upgrade X-plane 10 to X-Plane 11 which recommends GeForce GTX1070. I need to be sure that the present system can handle this though as there may be issues re compatibility with existing computer parts or power requirements. I am not knowledgeable about all these aspects.  Can anyone help please?

The Z400 details are as follows:-

3.07 ghz Intel Xeon W3550 Multicore - 4 in total

16GB ram

Bus Clock 4800 mhz

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 Display Adapter

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
45996 4358 11100
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Card upgrade

Unfortunately, your workstation does not have a UEFI BIOS.

That is one very specific requirement that the GTX 1070 has.

If you install a GTX1070 in your motherboard your workstation will fail to boot.

Take a look at a  AMD\ATI Radeon equivalent that will run X-Plane 10 & 11 at a high FPS rate.

An SAPPHIRE Tri-X Radeon™R9 390X 8G D5 should fulfill your needs.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=F107EA58-6C33-4F74-A739-03FF852D34A1&lang=eng

It does have support for legacy and UEFI BIOS. It will operate in your workstation. 

It does have a requirement for two PCIe 8-pin power connectors, so you may have to upgrade your PSU. 

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
herddav Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Card upgrade

Very much appreciate the advice and solution. Can you please clarify what is needed if PSU upgrade required.

Thanks in anticipation of help.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation