Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Literally tried everything short of flashing gtx 770 with new firmware which was not an option anyways cause you need another computer, also there is not guarentee that that will work either.  I deceided to just get a new motherboard and yep the gtx works perfect.  Turns out that these new cards are just not compatiable with the motherboard....

HP Recommended

I contacted the company that makes my card EVGA and they said the same thing. Their only other opition given was to request a Beta BIOS from HP or the board manufacturer. I don't see that happening.

In other news.....I'm building a new computer to house my new EVGA GTX 780.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

HI all:

Thank you for you query.   I am pleased to help any way I can!

I understand that you are trying to install a new video card and the company is advising you to update the bios. Here is a link to the software and driver page for the HP8-1280t   click here.  You will notice there was a bios update on 2013//05/30.  You can run the HP Support Assistant to aid in looking for updates and resolving issues. HP Support Assistant  click here.  Please read the post by Lil_Lisa27 on   updating the bios(  1 st page 6th post down) .  You can also check the manufacture's website for the motherboard for any other bios updates.Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers  click here. Please refer to the section on Getting updates from the maker, of the software or hardware.  I hope this is helpful.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi,

I got the same problem with the new GTX780Ti. My computer modle is h9 1188hk.

I try to update the BIOS to resolve my problem but I am confused by the version number of the BIOS. Could you please confirm if the BIOS update launched in May 30 2013 is the latest version since it version number (v7.06) is smaller than the one launched in Dec 2012 (v 7.15).

Thanks.

HP Recommended

HI RayHk:

Thank you for your post.  I am pleased to assist you!

Yes the bios version listed above is the most recent for your computer. Here are the Release details:

Released:2013-05-30   File name: sp56214.exe  [1/1, 3.77M]
Version7.06 Rev. A
Compatibility:Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Fix/Enhancement

- Updates RAID ROM to v3.0.1.1370.
- Updates chipset feature set.
- Updates Memory Reference Code to V1.0.006.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thanks for your prompt response Sparkles1. I will try to update the BISO and revert back if it can fix my problem or not.

HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles1,

I have updated the BISO to v7.06. However, my problem persists. My computer could not boot up after installing GTX780Ti. It seems that this v7.06 does not resolve the compatibility issue. Any further advice? Thanks.

BTW, I got the following messarge during the update of BISO although the update of BISO completed successfully:

"hpprobar 3 has stopped"

Will this error have any impact on the updating?

HP Recommended

Hi Ray,

You probably need a version 8 bios level which has improved UEFI support.  Your PC is still covered by warranty so contact HP Support to report the issue and request a BIOS update. It's doubtful if HP will release a bios that will allow the 780 to work in your PC.

You probably need UEFI 2.3.1 suppport.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your advice.

I have contacted the local HP support in HK about this issue, however, they just asked me to update my BIOS to v.7.15 (not v.7.06 because they said that v7.15 is the latest update even though v7.06 was released in May this year) although I have v7.15 on my system already.

Anyway, I will ask them again to see if they can give me the version 8 BIOS update.

Thanks again for your advice.

HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

Just called the HP support in HK about the version 8 BIOS update. Unfortunately, they said they do not have version 8 BIOS update with them. 

I may write to the HP support in US to see if they can give me the update.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.