cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
trabixter
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HDMI IN not working

HP Recommended
Envy 24-n014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have the 24-n014 and tried the method of plugging into the hdmi in and pressing the mode button next to it and am not getting anything to the display. Should it work? I am using a VGA to HDMI converter out of my laptop.

All this display shows after I push the button is "Game Mode - No Video Signal."
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,607 24,259 2,831 10,356
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@trabixter, welcome to the forum.

No, it will not work.  You are going from a VGA (Analog) port to a HDMI (Digital) port.  This is not possible.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
trabixter
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
That's what the converter is for. It converts the signal from analog to digital.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation