cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aplustoz
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 23 All-In-One won't boot - solid red, solid green, solid blue, solid white, solid black screen

HP Recommended
HP 23-b231

Replaced motherboard and processor.  System tries to boot, but screen turns on solid red, then turns in rotation to solid green, solid blue, solid white, solid black and continues this cycle.

I know that on HP monitors this is a test, but the all-in-ones have no visible resets for this.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aplustoz

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you've replaced the motherboard and the processor, now you have solid colors on display,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you replace the parts from HP, was it at the local store or a DIY session? 😉

Also, if you did it on your own, did you ensure the display cable is connected firmly back on the motherboard?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you need to know:

If this is the issue you are referring to (Click here) you may want to reseat the display cable and ensure it's connected properly, if the issue persists, you may have an incompatible or faulty board.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
aplustoz
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appreciate your response Riddle_Decipher!

We are a repair shop (in business for 17 years.  This is the exact same motherboard, same version as what it is replacing.  All connections have been checked and re-checked.  The link you sent is exactly what I had seen prior to posting my issue, but the HP 23 does not have the factory reset that the monitor in the link has that I'm aware of.  It also does not have any vga, dvi, or hdmi connections for attaching an external monitor.

Because of the HP Flat Panel Monitors running the same factory cycling issue, I feel reasonably certain that it is not a problem with the motherboard.

How to get past this hurdle is the issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aplustoz

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

That's quite a good track record you've got, 17yrs is not easy! I respect that.

And I'm glad to make your acquaintance, although, I must clarify, the All-in-one does not have any reset buttons as such, I only posted that to understand that you've been affected by a similar issue as the one described in that article.

Now that it's been confirmed, I recommend you Contact HP as this is a hardware failure and there's nothing we can suggest online to have it fixed, the PC will have to be looked up by the HP certified tech to have it repaired.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation