Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
23es Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP 23es monitor (brand new as of May 7th) is flickering. It most often happens while I'm scrolling through Facebook or watching Youtube videos (it occurs when opening a video or when I pause/play the video). It also happens while I'm gaming and is incredibly disorienting and distracting.

My Windows 10 is up to date, my video drives are up to date and optimized. While my monitor drivers are up to date, when I attempt downloading the latest driver and overwrite what I currently have it gives me an error message saying "Access is denied" despite being both the only user and only authorized/admin user. I'm at a loss. If I can't fix it then I'll return it and look at other monitor options. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Jennru, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand the monitor is flickering and blinking.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes on your monitor?

Have you tried checking the monitor on a different PC? Does the issue persist?

How is your monitor connected to your PC?

Try connecting your monitor with a straight video cable and check if it helps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

If the screen flickers, make sure the display settings in Windows match the native resolution and refresh rate for the display. Find the native resolution of a flat panel display on the box, in the specifications, or in the printed material that came with the display. Some common native resolutions are 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1920 x 1200, and 1680 x 1050. The most common refresh rate for LCD displays is 60 Hz. This normally cannot be changed for flat panel displays using Plug and Play settings. However, if you are using special video software to increase or decrease the refresh rate, change the refresh rate to match the default refresh rate specification of the display.
   NOTE:
If your screen flickers in Windows 10, it is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. To find out whether an app or driver is causing the problem, check to see if Task Manager flickers. Then, based on that information, you'll need to either uninstall the app or update the display driver.

To change the screen resolution and refresh rate settings in Windows, do the following:
In Windows 10
Right-click the desktop and click Display settings.
Under Customize your display, at the bottom, click Advanced display settings.
Under Related settings, click Display adapter properties.
Select the Monitor tab.
Under Screen refresh rate, select another refresh rate if available.
Click OK to save the changes.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot display quality issues.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.