Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My client has connected his 6005's DisplayPort to a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, and that to a Sharp flatscreen TV. Audio is not making it to the TV.  I am trying to confirm that HP supports audio through the DisplayPort and through the HDMI adapter (adapter is HP) before looking for other solutions.  Windows 7 audio device settings look correct.  TV audio settings look correct.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the symbol of the port. Port with DP+ symbol may support audio but very very very very cracky and the successful rate could be around 5% at this stage, they have to work a lot more for this technology.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Thanks but i want to know if it is supposed to work in this model or not. It either is or isn't in the design but I can't find it on any spec sheet.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Port with DP+ symbol may support audio. If only marked as DP then NO.

Hope this help.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Are you saying that the information is unpublished for this model, and I have to call my client and ask him to examine the back of his pc with a flashlight? That sounds ridiculous to me. If you don't personally know if this model does it, I am asking someone else to chime in.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, sometimes we have to do that way. Many information VENDORS (all of them) do not publish anywhere. Please read this:

I/O Ports SFF/MT
USB 2.0 Front - four (4) ports
Rear - six (6) ports
Serial one RS-232 compatible port standard
second port available as an option
Parallel one port available as an option
eSATA one port available as an option
PS/2 color coded support for keyboard (purple) and mouse (green)
Video VGA and DisplayPort provide integrated dual independent monitor support
DVI output available via optional DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Audio Front - microphone & headphone
Rear - line input (supports microphone or line input), line out
NOTE:
See Audio/Visual section for information on re-taskable audio ports.
NIC Industry standard RJ-45 port accesses the integrated network interface controller

Hope this makes sense. In short, the red statement implies: audio does out from Display Port. By the way, it ONLY came with, nothing about HDMI !

HP DisplayPort to DVI-D Adapter
HP DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
HP DisplayPort Cable

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
>If you don't personally know if this model does it, I am asking someone else to chime in.
This is a user2user forum - you will rarely find somebody with exactly the same configuration as you mentioned.
Nevertheless some try to help.
If you want HP help you should contact them directly:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

For the problem of your client - there are 4 different graphics card listed, which one are we talking about?
Also - have you already gone through this document:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02729957
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

I realize this is a user forum; I thought these integrated sff PCs were popular and someone else was bound to have the problem and/or answer.

The client PCs in question are the ones with an integrated DisplayPort on the motherboard, adapter type AMD Radeon 4200, 785G chipset, motherboard 531966-001.  I could not find a datasheet anywhere from HP or AMD that clearly states whether this implementation supported audio or not.

I contacted HP support and their answer almost matched what Banhein said. "If the display port has 2 ++ symbols then the unit carries both audio and video. If it has just 1 + symbol then it carries just the display and not the audio."

Further, if there are two ++ symbols, audio is also passed through a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter providing the adapter supports audio passthrough (HP's adapter does, according to support).

I am going to the clients to confirm all of this is true and it works. I will only post again if it does NOT work.

I hope this post helps future searchers.  Now, how do I give Kudos to myself?  :Wink:

HP Recommended
Well, the 6005 Pro has 2 + symbols, but the sound still doesn't work (Not HP's adapter, but the adapter works with sound on other systems).
HP Recommended

I went to my client's and the 6005 Pro displayport has the ++ symbol, the hdmi adapter is from HP, and no sound is passed through. Windows does not recognize any additional audio device in the system, other than the built-in sound card. 

I am now running a separate 3.5mm audio cable from PC to TV and setting the hdmi input on the tv to get it's audio from the pc audio input.  I've already wasted too much time on this.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.