cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Conor-Holgate
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Client Security Issue

HP Recommended
Hp Desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recentley opened up the client software on my desktop. It asked me for my windows password, then asked me for an email address to get started along with, choosing and anserwing 3 security questions. Then it asked my about a sparekey. SO i chose the onedrive option.

I got onto the management console, didnt change anything.

Now when i boot, its opping up with someting about WinMagic and asking for a password. I've tried entering my password for the client manager and tried my windows logoin, but non of them are working. 

I answer the security questions, and they dont work either, so i am unable boot my pc.

How do i get this spare key? Do i just need to log into ondrive and it will be there?

I dont understand how it has just automatically encrypted my driver? Surely this should be an advanced option somewhere

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation