Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey,

I'm pretty new to this forum. I have got a DC7700 Convertible Minitower which had a Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz processor and I changed it to my Core 2 Quad Q6600 at 2.4GHz and it boots up fine.

Despite all these other posts regarding the incompatibility of Quad Cores with the DC7700, I can finally confirm that the Q6600 is fully supported.

Spoiler

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I would like to transplant a Q6600 or Q6700 into a dc7700sff .  After some searching, you are the only post I found to have been successful in the upgrade.  Can you give details?  ie, bios support, unique instuctions?

thx

HP Recommended

After reading this post I took my DC7700sff and updated my bios utility & microcode, installed an intel Q6600, booted system to read "1802 - Processor not supported  This system board does not support this processor."

HP Recommended

Hi. Old thread I know, but I could not find a solution either to upgrade to a Quad Core Q6600 even if the chipset should allow it.

so, if possible, how was that made ?

bios ? Microcode ? Other ?

thanks

HP Recommended

v3.07 Intel vPro Bios still no go with sff dc7700 & q6600 : error 1802.

dc7800 sff motherboard on ebay for $14 can support q6600, among x5470 3.33Ghz Quad 12MB Cache with lga775 to 771 socket mod and sticker.  Which the dc7800 sff motherboard looks the exact same nearly and will fit dc7700 sff chassis.

HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx - 32GB RAM 500GB SAMSUNG EVO 970 PLUS 2TB SEAGATE ARCTIC SILVER CERAMIQUE 2 FUJIPOLY XR-M LAIRD T-FLEX 6100 THERMAGON
HP Recommended

I justv tried the Q6600 in my DC7700 mini tower pc and got the error of Processor not supported.

Did you flash the BIOS?

HP Recommended

Use the dc7900 microcode, it fixes the bug  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51001-51500/sp51181.exe download rufus, make a msdos usb, copy over the files from swsetup to the usb, reboot, run flashbin in dos,  it asks you if you want to downgrade from 1.06 to 1.01, accept, should be successful, enjoy your Q6600 or e7600 without speedstep or processor support errors 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.