cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kim_laurits
Level 2
22 11 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP DM - updating to Internet Explorer 11

HP Recommended
T510
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

In HP device manager I have downloaded a task from the HP Update Center to update Internet Explorer to version 11.

It worked perfectly on the test clients that I have.

Then I started updating some of the thin clients used in production, but some of the clients doesn't get updated - they remain on IE9. The task in HP device manager says success - no errors.

And if I run the .exe file manually, then the installations finishes, but IE still isn't updated.

But as mentioned - it only happens on some clients, others get updated just fine.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Chen_HPDM
Level 7
Level 7
504 504 51 84
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like the IE issue since

1. It only happens on some of the units
  2. Manual install also doesn't work.

I would suggest to check the IE installation problems from Microsoft to see if could help:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/install-problems-with-ie11

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
0 Kudos
kim_laurits
Author
Level 2
22 11 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried downloading the Microsoft installer to IE11:

https://support.microsoft.com/da-dk/help/18520/download-internet-explorer-11-offline-installer

It that worked fine, when I installed it manually.

I then tried installing it on another client through a task i HP DM - it failed according to HP DM, but actually got installed on the client. So for now, I think I will try to test that installer instead.

0 Kudos
Chen_HPDM
Level 7
Level 7
504 504 51 84
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That could happen - Installation actually succeed but HPDM returns failure.

By default HPDM Agent returns "successful" only when the returned code of installtion process is 0. Different application/installer might have different return code. In order to get the correct status from HPDM Console, you have to use script to linked the return code with actual result.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation