Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello from a new guy here...

I'm putting a card in this computer, and notice that there's a loose wire inside the case. THere are two very small black wires that come from the bottom of the case, one is soldered to a small joint just behind the pcie slot. The other is unconnected. I don't know whether I have done this, but i would be grateful if anyone can help me with a solution..

Thanks in advance

andyoc

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Welcome to the HP support forum.

What you are describing seems to be the antennas for the wireless card.

Trace them to one of the PCIe x1 slots where there should be an adapter with a small wireless card in it.

Depending on the model wireless card, it will have one or two antennas attached to it.

If you see two terminals on the card, one with and one without an antenna, you can connect the second antenna to the empty terminal.

HP Recommended

Can you post a picture of your open computer? and motherboard connections close to chipset heatsink.

HP Recommended

Hi guys and thanks for your responses...

I reckon  the cable is one of the wireless antennas, as suggested  by Paul. The computerr performance is not affected and I don't use the wireless, so I'm good for now. I'll come back if any problems arise

Again many thanks, guys!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.