Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 514 Liquid Cooler Fan not detected

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 810-493d (ENERGY STAR).

The Fan in my computer has been getting louder and having weird sounds over the past few months.

Recently, I have been receiveing a notification whenever i boot my computer.

The notification is mainly about "514 Liquid Cooler Fan not detected" and then I have to press F1 to boot.

May I know what should I do?

Thanks!

YH

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,309 41,557 4,539 11,922
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you opened the case and looked at the fan and the CPU_Fan  and pump motor electrical connectors?

If the fan and heat exchanger are covered with dust that can easily cause the issue you are seeing. 

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

Thanks for the reply!

I have tried cleaning them with a small manual air pump (Those u use for cleaing Cameras)

I have also remove and reattached both the Pump Fan and the other Fan.

However, the same screen of "514 Liquid Cooler Fan not detected" still appeared after 1 day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,309 41,557 4,539 11,922
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That would seem to point to a failed sensor in the fan. The same happens with normal CPU fans sometimes and the solution is replacement of the fan.

Contact HP for warranty service or replacement.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation