Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
I bought the below M.2 2280 SSD and it's not showing up in BIOS
I made sure it was securely fitted multiple times and I even updated the bios to F.11 Rev.A. The SSID is 830C
I didn't see any options in the BIOs setup to enable the M.2 slot and the BIOS only recognizes my HDD.
Go to Solution.
I see two major issues with the information that you have posted.
1. You have the wrong type of m.2 SSD. You need a NVMe model.
2. The motherboard SSID is 2B4B and not 830C as you have claimed.
Sorry I meant the board ID is 830C.
That's very unfortunate that it's unsupported. According to crucial's website it was a possible upgrade. I guess i'll have to return it and look for an NVMe SSD
1) Install the SSD in the M.2 slot
2) Boot to Windows
3) Open the Windows App: "Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions"
** You should see your new drive
4) Select that drive and "Create a new simple volume"
5) Format the drive - It should now be visible "This PC"
6) Clone your original OS (HDD) to this drive (SSD)
** I suggest using Macrium Reflect to clone the drive
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community