Note on archived topics.
12-02-2017 07:47 PM
I bought the below M.2 2280 SSD and it's not showing up in BIOS
I made sure it was securely fitted multiple times and I even updated the bios to F.11 Rev.A. The SSID is 830C
I didn't see any options in the BIOs setup to enable the M.2 slot and the BIOS only recognizes my HDD.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-02-2017 08:02 PM - edited 12-02-2017 08:03 PM
I see two major issues with the information that you have posted.
1. You have the wrong type of m.2 SSD. You need a NVMe model.
2. The motherboard SSID is 2B4B and not 830C as you have claimed.
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
03-05-2019 11:50 AM - edited 03-05-2019 11:52 AM
1) Install the SSD in the M.2 slot
2) Boot to Windows
3) Open the Windows App: "Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions"
** You should see your new drive
4) Select that drive and "Create a new simple volume"
5) Format the drive - It should now be visible "This PC"
6) Clone your original OS (HDD) to this drive (SSD)
** I suggest using Macrium Reflect to clone the drive