Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've been having problems with the wireless keyboard and this program using Vista Ultimate 64 bit on my Elite m9600t. Sometimes the icons are missing. I did a program recovery and the icons were back, however, on MY account, there were TWO of each of the three icons. There was only ONE set of three on each of the other two accounts on my computer.

When I right click on the task bar/properties/notification/customize, it SHOWS for my account TWO entries for each icon. One says "SHOW", one showed "HIDE WHEN ACTIVE". Help!

HP Recommended

Install this patch for Vista 64 bit. tested it workers

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=PSG_I18714-102042&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=341232

Regards;
Ray
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
HP Recommended

Try this brand new HP On-Screen Cap/Num/Scroll Lock Indicator (Vista 32- and 64-bit and Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit):

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45986.exe 

TITLE: HP Desktop Keyboard On-Screen Display (OSD) Software

VERSION: 1.0.0.702 Rev. A
DESCRIPTION:
This package provides the HP Desktop Keyboard On-Screen Display (OSD) applet
for the supported desktop models and operating systems.

This applet indicates if the CAP/NUM/Scroll locks are activated or are not
actived.

PURPOSE: Routine
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP45986
SUPERSEDES: None
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 9, 2009
CATEGORY: Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices
SSM SUPPORTED: No

PRODUCT TYPE(S):
Desktops

HP Recommended

Thank You!!!! I have been looking for a solution to my problem, ever since I installed Windows 7 Ultimate. Very fustrating not knowing if Cap locks is on or off, when entering a password that only  shows (*).:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Any update on this software...it works great but when the indicator comes up, it steals focus, making me unable to type for a few moments

HP Recommended

FINALLY!!!! After playing around with this all day.....I finally got the small indicator boxes for CAPS LOCK, SCROLL LOCK, and NUMBER LOCK back in the notifier box on the task bar.   I used the Recovery disk that I made a long time ago and found the file on the first disk. I ran the install and VOILA!!!   I was also able to re-install MS Works.  Fianlly get my computer back to where it was before replacing the motherboard and power supply.  Now I can sleep!  :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Anyone have an aswer to this!!!!!! How to uninstall sp24934!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

sp24934 does not uninstall from Programs and Features" and it does not uninstall from "msconfig"..  It coannot be turned off from Task Manager.  So where is ti?

HP Recommended

NO, I couldn't get it to reinstall on windows 7. It did run on windows 7 from the start.

HP Recommended

If you have your recovery disks, browse through them looking for the cab files. Look for the OSD install.  I found it, ran it and the on screen indicator for caps lock, number lck, etc was restored. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.