Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP's community , 

I recently bought a B250M-DS3H Motherboard for my HP Pavilion A6130 to put a new system on it , as the old Athlon and Nvidia 8400GS were technologically ancient.  I brought the system and the new parts to a local Hardware Shop and they told me that they need the Front Panel Cables to be marked to be able and connect them with the motherboard. I felt a little bit uncomfortable as I thought a PC Builder that has built many PCs on the past , should know the Front Panel Cabling. So I need the Front Panel Cabling . They are all gray . There is a  FirmWare cable I don't need and I instantly made out what it is because it was pink. But there are 3 more . A big yellow connection , a big white connection and a smaller white connection which I think is the USB 2.0 port , correct me if I'm wrong please.

By the way the old system had :

HP Pavilion A6130 Case

Asus NARRA2 Motherboard

Athlon X2 64 4400+

Nvidia GeForce 8400GS

2GB RAM

Old Seagate Hard Drive 320GB SataII

HP 300W PSU

DVD,CD Drive

Card Reader

80mm Fan

and the new will have :

The same case

GB B250M-DS3H

Pentium G4560

RX 570 Pulse ITX(So it fits in here)

8GB RAM

M.2 SSD 128GB

500GB Seagate Drive 7200RPM

320GB Old Seagate Drive SataII

80mm Fan

2x120mm Fan (1x Front of the case , 1x side panel)

The 2 120mm Fans will be mounted by me with zip-ties.

Also the motherboard was already out of the case so we can't just copy the cabling to the new one.

Sorry if I wrote too much.

Edit: There are also 1 slim white connection and one big black connection.

Thanks for your help,

Ellen

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.