cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CM1201
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Pavilion Startup Password

HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop 550-110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I turn on the PC, before the Windows log-in screen shows, a window to enter a start-up password pops up. I've tried entering in my Windows password but no matter what I put in, after three incorrect password attempts it tried to automatically self repair and diagnose the problem. It then restarts and the same startup password window pops up. I can't figure out a way out of the loop wihtout the startup password itself, and I don't know what it could even be.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,567 8,026
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CM1201

Does the password screen look like this???

original[1].jpg

REO

0 Kudos
CM1201
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, that is exactly what it says.

0 Kudos
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,567 8,026
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
JayJoe21
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ok so I read it. It says I need a rescue CD? And I need to recover my backup files
0 Kudos
JayJoe21
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Do I need to do that? And if I do how can I if I can't get pass the startup password
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation