Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 6000
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello, 

my HP Pavillion desktop was working perfectly fine but for some strange reason 

it won't turn on now. Every time I press the power button this is what happens: 

1- no display on my monitor( remains black) 

2- the Led light( power on button) never lights up, nor the green light below it. 

3- I hear the fans are working and I actually checked inside the unit, all fans are working and running normal. 

4- the green light by the power supply is on and doesn't blink. 

5- I am not sure if I have to hear a beeping noise at startup but there is none. 

6- the green light on the motherboard is on and remains on as long as the unit is powered. 

7- all the connections are good and nothing is loose. 

Please help! Any suggestions will be really appreciated! 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Luka2017,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is powering on, however, doesn't have a display on the screen anymore,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Please attempt the below steps:

Attempt a Bios Recovery

If the above steps work and the display turns on: Perform a hardware test to be on a safer side.

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance:

Computer Starts but Monitor/Screen Remains Blank: Click here

HP and Compaq All-in-One and HP TouchSmart Desktop PCs - Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer: Click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's not an ALL-IN-ON PC. its a real desktop.

the 6000 came with xp/vista/w7  (2009 PC?)

which one is yours? OS wise.

so that fans spin, does the fan inSIDE  the PSU spin, yes, good no , ? PSU bad.

next is BIOS

the screen is dead did you try another screeen (borrow one, or go to one?)

this Screen must come up or

1: bad screen (if other screen fails go to. next line)

2: bad PSU (check voltage out PSU, all listed are side of PSU sticker?

3 Bad mobo or GPU. or RAM dead,  reduce number or ram sticks? 1 by 1 try them?

My guess, blind cant see it. or do simple tests

is PSU is bad.

NO warranty answers by me.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.