Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The DVD drive on my new Phoenix Envy has stopped working.  This after a series of Windows updates - it seemed to be working fine previously, though perhaps this is coincidence.  Troubleshoot now tellls me there is a driver error, but windows updates are telling me I have the latest driver installed.  It is the DVD drive hp DVD-RAM GHA3N and I am on Windows 8 64 bit. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following the procedure under the sub-heading ResolutionMethod 3: Manually fix corrupted registry entries on the link below to remove the Upper and Lower filters and see if this helps the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The error code is "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19).  How do I rectify this? 

The driver file details include cdrom.sys, GEARAspiWDM.sys but aslo edevmon.sys which is from ESET (security scanning software).

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following the procedure under the sub-heading ResolutionMethod 3: Manually fix corrupted registry entries on the link below to remove the Upper and Lower filters and see if this helps the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks for that prompt reply.  The link seems to have done the business - in the end i didn't need to get as far as item 3, item 2 seems to have done it, after a restart.

Rgds,

Dave

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.