Note on archived topics.
07-30-2015 07:24 AM
Yesterday, after upgrading my computer to Windows 10 the Recovery Manger is now blocked. It wasn't that way before I upgraded. I have a feeling that the OS might have changed my security settings. (For example, when I try to change someting in my Pictures folder, UAC pops up) Does anyone know how I can get Win10 to unblock Recovery Manager?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-01-2015 03:44 PM
Same here....I found after some searching that in Windows 10 you can revert back to previous sytem (Windows 7 in my case) withing 30 days if thats what you are trying to do. I cant recall exact path but it was in the system backup/recovery area in Control Panel or you may be able to search on the MS site.
08-09-2015 12:23 AM - edited 08-09-2015 12:25 AM
Ok I found a fix. It was the certificate.
What you need to do is:
1. Open "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery Manager" in file explorer.
2. Right click on Rebecca.exe (Recovery Program) and click "copy".
3. Paste it on your desktop.
4. Unzip this download http://www.fluxbytes.com/software-releases/fileunsigner-v1-0/
5. Drag your copied version of Rebecca.exe onto FileUnsigner.exe
6. Right click on Rebecca.exe on the desktop and click "copy".
7. Paste it back into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery Manager" and say yes to replacing it with existing file.
8. Search "HP Recovery Manager", click on it and a prompt will come up, click "yes" and it should open. 🙂
You can repeat this for other programs that are blocked. It basically removes the outdated certificate that is preventing it to open in Windows 10.