Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP SK-2061 Wireless Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New computer system running Windows 10 PRO (64 bit).  Built myself:  ASUS Maximus IX Hero, Intel I7-7700K, ASUS GTX1080, Samsung 960 EVO, G.Skill DDR4 32GB.  All Windows and product updates installed.

Have equivalent keyboard (HP KBRF7171) running on another computer that works correctly.

Driver and Registry are the same in both computers:

Microsoft, 10.0.14393.206, 6/21/2006

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators = 2

Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators = 2147483648

All of the keyboard functions work correctly except for the NumLock and CapsLock LED's.

Where is this activated?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @CrossWiseRanger, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that caps lock and num lock LEDs is not working on your keyboard.

Don't worry I'll try to help.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please try the steps mentioned below.

1 - NUM LOCK: disable fast startup in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings
2 - CAPS LOCK: change press the SHIFT key radio button in the advanced key settings options in Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language\Advanced settings
Please note that work without lights, don't forget to restart

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues.

If the issue still persists it is a hardware issue, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Take care,            

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.