Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z1 G3 Worksation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just recived my new HP Z1 G3 Worksation few days ago, and I am loving it.  However, I notcied that the "HP Support Assistant" software which was pre-installed in my HP Zbook 15 Worksation is not installed in my new Z1.  Any idea why is that?  And should I download it and install it manulay?

Thanks for any feedback ..

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Yes, you can install HP Support Assistant on your workstation. However, it depends on what functionality you might be using it for, imho. if you are trying to find it the Z1 needs driver or BIOS updates, i would use either HP Image Assistant or HP SOftpaq DOwnload Manager. Both of these tools use a different algorithm to show updates available and are both great in their own right and used by most of our HP commercial customers.

these tools are available at www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement

Also, don't forget HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software - which are available on any and all HP workstation products, mobile and desktop

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your feedback.

It is just that I got used to use the HP Support Assistant with my older worksation, the Zbook 15 since It came preinstalled and I was wondering why it is missing in the Z1.  

Is there any problem running it in the Z1?  Do you advice to install it or not?

HP Recommended

there are no problems running Support Assistant on the Z1. Go ahead and install it

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your fast reply .. highly appareciated. 👍

By the way, I did not find a software called HP Image Assiaitnt!  I looked everywhere in the support page for my Z1.  Maybe you mean HP Remote Graphics Software?

HP Recommended

look for most HP Commercial Software and Tools in www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement

HP Recommended

Many thanks 👍👍👍

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.