Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
spiderzot Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Support Assistant update fail

HPE-510f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have not checked for updates through the HP Support assistant since 12/20/2012. I had a Windows 7 OS and updated to Windows 10 when the free OS update was offered. When I check for new updates, a popup window comes up with the following: This app has been blocked for your protection. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more info, contact your administrator. HPSFUpdater.exe

I am logged in as admin.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Intern Intern
Intern
23 23 5 6
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Support Assistant update fail

@spiderzot wrote:

I have not checked for updates through the HP Support assistant since 12/20/2012. I had a Windows 7 OS and updated to Windows 10 when the free OS update was offered. When I check for new updates, a popup window comes up with the following: This app has been blocked for your protection. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more info, contact your administrator. HPSFUpdater.exe

I am logged in as admin.

You can uninstall the current version, download and install the latest version of the HP Support assistant try.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

******Clicking the Thumbs-UP button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation