Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
T510
Hello, I had problem with HP T510 (Thinpro Image 5.2/citrix receiver 13.1, Xenapp 6.5 on serveur 2008 R2). After direct ICA connexion on published desktop, the connexion drop and the user came back to the Thinpro OS. The problem seems to be with Lotus Notes 6.5 when they click on “New memo” or “Address” but not every time. After lost connexion the user must enter the password on Thinpro ICA connexion to retrieve is Windows session (session just lock not logout). Nothing special on server log. I think the ICA session send signal to terminal to disconnect. Thanks you Eric
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply 🙂 Presently DEP is activate on the server and Office application and Lotus Notes was there. I added Office because it crashed randomly on session. If I desactivate DEP office will crah again ?
HP Recommended

We are having the exact same issue with our T510s, also on ThinPro 5.2, latest image. However, we do not use Lotus Notes, and there are no "crashes" happening, they simply lose connection and get their sessions back when they re-login.

We have a T520 running W7ES, and some T5740s running WES9 with no problems. It is only these T510s on ThinPro 5.2. 

Are yours using wireless by the way? All of ours that have the issue are wireless. We have a few T510s that are on a wired connection that I haven't seen the problem on, but I will need to verify with the users.

Between this and the application icons being blank I posted about here, I am a bit less than impressed with ThinPro 5.2...

HP Recommended
I don’t use wireless connection. I try to disable DEP on server (response from CB_NZ) and the problem is always there. Your terminal server is on Citrix Xenapp? Half my park use Wyse terminal with no problem but T510 loses connection. I think problem is the hardware/HPThinPro, drop connection, send kill session to terminal because bad signal ...
HP Recommended

Yes, we are running XenApp 7.6 with Storefront 2.6. I went and checked with one of our users that is using a T510 on ThinPro 5.2 with a wired connection and he says he hasn't seen this issue. All 10 of our wireless users are experiencing it constantly though.

I'm with you, I think either the T510 hardware can't handle ThinPro 5.2, or there is just some networking bugs in 5.2, which would not surprise in the least me considering the mountain of bugs in ThinPro 4.x. 

HP Recommended
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-POS-Systems/t510-Disconnect... This thread refer to freeRDP but the problem is same for Citrix session....
HP Recommended

We seem to have stabilized by reverting to 5.1 (T6X51007 specifically). However, since our issue was only happening to the T510s connected via wireless, I'm not sure it will also help you. I'm just going to stay on this version until we can replace these things.

Coincidentally, reverting to 5.1 also fixed the application icons being blank I mentioned earlier in this thread. This and the thread you linked are just more instances of HP fixing 1 bug and creating 5... 😕

HP Recommended
😞 no chance my bug starting with 5.1 (T6X51007) version with T510 ... I switch to 5.2 and it always there ...
HP Recommended

I have a bunch of users, running Thin Pro 5.2 on a T620, reporting sessions disconnect on a random basis. the total no. of users reoprting this issue is 5 out of 100. They are all using different apps and it happens at different times for them.  Is this a real problem or something network related. What can be improved to have minimal instances of sessions disconnect.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.