Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP t610
Linux

Hello every one! I have a question about ThinPro OS.

Can I install "ThinPro" on the thin client from another manufacturer, not HP?

Does the license of "ThinPro" make this possible?

I have three thin client HP, and two thin client from another brand. I want a single system for them all. It will be more convenient to administer them.

Is HP ThinPro free?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Yes you can install HP ThinPro as it is free and does not required any licence.

I am a HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Alex_x,

Greetings of the Day.

Installing any other OS on the ThinClient apart from, what was shipped along with the unit, might create a problem.

And this is something which Hp won't recommend as well. As there will be support limitation as well in such scenario.

In most of the cases, it might throw a Licensing error.

Below is the link to download the ThinPro Image for HP t610 Flexible Thin Client.

ThinPro Image:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5226516&swItemId=vc_149108_1&swEnvOid=403...

#HPExpertDay

I hope that answers your question. 🙂

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

HP Recommended

HP ThinPro is not free. There are codecs pre-installed that are licensed and therefore it can be only flashed on the HP hardware shown in the Release Notes of the ThinPro Image Version. It also only comes with the drivers specific to that product list.

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Thanks guys!
I removed the codecs and  installed the necessary drivers.

It works smoothly!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.