Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yeah im so lost right now. I checked the DVD drive and all looks good. But if i unplug it the drive i just get short beeps. I get beep......Beep......Beep......Beep...... When the DVD drive is not pluged. I tried the Live chat (Mark) and was told i have to call HP. I asked for Beep codes and he told me he was not able to help me with that. I been checking online and i was able to check the cost of the parts. I see a cheap one. It hurts because i had to save a long time to get one and i really do not have money to go out and buy parts to test.

HP Recommended
2 short beeps is your optical drive. When you diconected no power was going to mother board that's why you got mother baord error code. HP Optical Drive that is consistent readings all a long. 2 beeps and repeated . They do not last I already had mine replaced with in the first year. When mine went I was using it at the time their for I did not get the beeping codes like you have. I guess I would have if I was not using it at the time. frrw
HP Recommended

OK i will see if i can get it replaced. Its odd to me that if the drive is not reading that i get a black screen. I think i have had it for only 2 years i think

PN:513197-001

SPN:583092-001

Is there any way to test this? or is it i need new drive to test?

HP Recommended
Hello UnrealDreams: Yes to your answer but your computer is not working for us to do that. I sent you an email. Later on I will send you an email on PC care and diagnostic tests that is already on your computer. Please click on Kudos to close this issue. Was a great pleasure helping figure out the codes. Thank you frrw.
HP Recommended

Replaced the DVD drive and im still getting the same 2 beeps as before

HP Recommended

Hi i am facing the exact same issue. I did the same tests as you did UnrealDreams and got the same results. I suspect iti is the graphics card. When i remove it, i get the same 2 beeps. However if i dsconnect the hard drive i also get the same 2 beeps. :indifferent:

were you able to solve the issue? 

HP Recommended

Hello Jangrand:

Our HP Support is very limited now. Ever since HP changed over Companies CO's new CO is running HP to ground.  Take a look at these page.  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107#AbT0  According to this page it is memory or video card issue. See note ( 2 beeps Normal computer is telling you bios is starting.) Ay right!  Mine has never beep even when their is major hardware failure.  Other diagnostic test using command promt detected the failing hardware issues. Such as motherboard. Run your computer's diagnostic test from the f key method  I think it is click on start button and tap f-2 key. Run all the test to determine if is the memory cards or video card.  They end result will say passed or failed.  Hard drive failer would be Black screen no boot detected.  Optical drve ( Cd/DVD ) you will know that when you insert cd or dvd with correct code format will not open or read the disk witch it did one point of time. 

You will deffently have troubles getting replacement parts for this computer. You may even have troubles locating the steps on how to break down this computer and replacing parts. HP has removed the original computers information and replaced it with Windows 10 garbage.  
Your welcome ,

frrw

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.