Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cmurph1969 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z210 SSD upgrade

Z210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to install an SSD drive and Windows 10 in a Z210 workstation. No problems detecting the drive or installing, but once the device tries to boot with the SSD the following error is shown.

"1798- Hard drive with hardware encryption enabled detected while in RAID mode. Drive: SATA0 (Dark Blue). Drives that are using hardware encryption should not be included in RAID volumes. Using them may cause volume corruption and unpredictable behavior."

I can F1 and continue into the OS no problem. Are there settings that need to be set to not receive this error?

Drive is a Crucial MX300.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2427 2423 212 485
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z210 SSD upgrade

you mention the drive maker/model, i suspect the SSD has onboard hardware encrytion option that is enabled

download the drive makers utilty and turn off the encryption (this may require a reinstall of windows)

0 Kudos
Woot_Woot Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z210 SSD upgrade

Hi I found the solution by accident.  Go into BIOS -> Storage -> Storage Options

Change sata emulation from" Raid+AHCI" to "IDE"

Hit F5 to save changes

Just for giggles try and switch sata emulation  back to "RAID + AHCI"

A warning message about OPAL appears....  Do not hit ok or F5....

Hope this helps someone

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation