Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to upgrade the graphics card on my HP Z400.  For now I'm using a GTX 750ti with no issues but I'd like to upgrade to a GTX 1080.  I purchased a SilverStone 600W PSU but after connecting it to the mother board I just get 4 red beeps coming from the case.  After some digging it seems like I don't really have any options as the z400 does not support 3rd party PSU's.  What are my options?  I need to upgrade my GPU, I need at least a 500w PSU with 2 8pin connections.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Delta Electronics DPS-650LB B

626322-001

626409-001

HP Recommended

HP does not use the ATX standard for its power supplies, generally.  They are individually engineered to best meet the needs of the workstation.  That is what you'd expect for a workstation.

Gabornico has given you the assembly and spares part numbers (both for the same power supply), and those are for the higher powered one made by HP for the Z400.  Most of the Z400s used the lower powered HP power supply.

There are some articles on the internet you can easily find about how to create an adapter and convert some specific higher wattage consumer power supplies (specifically from Corsair) over to work fine in the Z400.  Once you look at the research, price and time involved I bet you'll search out a used HP higher powered one via the part numbers from Gabo.  That would be plug and play, and what I'd do......

Look up "Z400 power supply hack" on Google.

HP Recommended

Hi please find the hp tested power supply upgrade options on this unit:

Power Supply
475 watts wide-ranging, active Power Factor Correction, 85% Efficient
The Z400 475W power supply efficiency report can be found at this link: http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/psu_reports/80PLUS_DELTA_DPS-475CB-1%20A_475W_Report.pdf
(Optional) 600 watts wide-ranging, active Power Factor Correction, 80% Efficient

This power supply option has been discontinued on Z400 as of June 30, 2012

The Z400 600W power supply efficiency report can be found at this link: http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/psu_reports/DELTA_DPS-650LB%20B_ECOS%202171_600W_Report.pdf

Hp tested Graphics upgrade options as given below,

1.Professional 2D
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 295 256MB PCIe Graphics Card
FY943AA
NVIDIA NVS 300 512MB Graphics
XP612AA
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 450 512MB Graphics
FH519AA

2.Entry 3D
NVIDIA Quadro 400 512MB Graphics
LD542AA
NVIDIA Quadro 600 1GB Graphics
WS093AA
AMD FirePro V3900 1GB Graphics
A6R69AA
AMD FirePro V4900 1GB Graphics
A3J92AA

3.Mid-range 3D
NVIDIA Quadro 2000 1GB Graphics
WS094AA
NVIDIA Quadro 2000D (Spec DVI only card)
A9C88AA
AMD FirePro V5900 2GB Graphics
LS992AA

3.High End 3D
AMD FirePro V7900 2GB Graphics
LS993AA
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB Graphics
WS095AA
NVIDIA Quadro 5000 2.5GB Graphics

I am a HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.