Note on archived topics.
11-29-2015 09:17 AM
My workstation specs: HP Z820, Dual Xeon E5-2687W @ 3.1-3.8 GHz, Nvidia quadro K5000, 64GB RAM, 2 x 500 GB HDD.
The workstation is still under warranty.
The issuse happened after upgrading to Windows 10 (from Windows 8.1) and updating the BIOS as recommended by the HP support assisstant.
I was on the process of refreshing the Windows 10 and then the system automatically tried to restart in order to finish the refresh but It never restarted! and then the fans started spinning at full speed. After waiting for 2-3 minutes I had to hold the power button to turn the computer off.
After waiting for about 10 minutes I tried to start the computer but the same happened: Pressed the power button and then after about one minute the fans spinning at high speed, no signal, no BIOS, no sound, no power in keyboard or mouse, blue LED light at rear.
So I left the computer off with no power for 7 hours..... ( The power cable is disconnected).
At 11am: Reconnected the power cable (HDD and DVD ROM are DISCONNECTED) and tried to start however the same happened.
Now I'm on google to find a solution:
1. Power supply? ( Have not tested the power supply yet.)
2. Motherboard? No physical damage to capacitors or anything else.
3. Resetting the BIOS/CMOS? (Power cable disconnected) Removed the battery and put it back, held the CMOS button for 5 seconds.
4. Graphics card? Replaced the Quadro K5000 with a Quadro 4000.
5. Discharging the power from the system? held the power button with the power cable disconnected for 30 seconds.
None of the above solved the problem however now when pressing the power button the fans start spinning at high speed immediately! Has it got worse??
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-11-2015 07:16 PM
Please HP call support to get the replacement part. Firsto fo all I suspect the power io cable having the thermal sensor. Next supsect is the blind mate cable. Please work work HP agent when you you call HP Support.